Thursday, January 19, 2012

Turn Back Time

Don't you just wish you could turn back time sometimes?  It would be great if we could go back and do things over, knowing what we know now.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family and wouldn't change that, but looking back at high school for instance, I didn't really challenge myself.  I took all the easiest classes i could and breezed through them.  I graduated with my class, but I didn't really do anything.  I was never into sports, still not.  I didn't belong to any clubs, unless you consider Chorus a club, which most don't.  I basically went to school, did my work and went home.  Talked to a few "friends" along the way and that about it. 

Now that my kids are in school, I really wish I did more in school.  Half the time I can't help my kids with their homework!  It's crazy!  I knew a lot of these things when I needed to in school, but now, forget it!  Social Studies was the worst!  I hated that class!  History never interested me, still doesn't.  I don't even like movies that take place in old times.  I guess you could say I am a modern girl, I don't like "old" things.  Many people like antiques, I hate them.  I don't even care for wood things, like wood furniture, a table for instance, I would prefer something like a glass table.  I'm not saying wood furniture isn't nice, because it is, just not my taste.

Seems like years ago, kids and people in general were much more polite and respectfull.  These days, your lucky to get a Thank You from people.  Parents these days, some not all, just don't teach respect anymore.  Everything is about "Me" and the hell with everyone else.  It really sucks.  Society is really going downhill and going fast.  Where will we end up?  Nobody knows............



No comments:

Post a Comment